At Making It SewFun, all aspects of sewing are taught from foundational sewing skills in Level 1 and progressing to tailoring in Level 7. We'll also teach you how to "fit" by customizing any sewing pattern based on your body measurements and figure type. Your skill level and knowledge will grow as you advance through the program with each project which increases in complexity. Students will be considered an experienced sewist by the time Level 7 has been completed.
Students may join at any level with teacher approval. However, it is recommended that most students begin with Level 1 which is designed for the beginner or students in need of a refresher. Experienced sewists can also enroll in "Open Sewing" classes in which students will receive expert advice and direction on any sewing project of their choosing.
- Hands-on program in which a garment is completed in each level
- Small class size to ensure individual attention
- Appropriate for adults 18 and up
- Sewing machines and equipment provided for in-class use
- weekly and biweekly classes available
- On-going curriculum-based program that reaches beyond just a project
- Unique workshops offered during the summer months
Space is limited. Register Today!
We teach you a skill. . .not just a project!
- The regular school calendar runs from September-June with special workshops offered during the summer
- In the Fall, students have the opportunity to model their creations in our annual Student Appreciation Fashion Show
- In the spring, students "give back" to the community by using their sewing skills to make projects for charitable organizations
- The Level 1 Beginner course can be completed within 4 weeks and is offered every month. Subsequent levels require a longer length of time to complete based on the degree of difficulty of the project. Students work at their own pace on a month-to-month basis to complete intermediate through advanced level projects throughout the year.
Tuition is billed monthly based on the number of hours enrolled.
- 1 1/2 hours weekly = $150 per month
- 2-hours weekly = $170 per month
- 3-hours biweekly = $150 (biweekly classes meet every other week for 3 hours)
- If students stop in the middle of a session, tuition will not be prorated
- Refunds are not available for no shows and after attending the first class
Students are required to purchase their own fabric, notions, and sewing patterns. Fabric and pattern suggestions will be provided in advance. Computerized Janome sewing machines and basic equipment are available for in-class use.